Brrr – it’s getting chilly out there. Good news we say as it’s the perfect excuse to get indoors and get cosy. We’ve come up with eight gorgeous ways you can dial up the comfort and get you and your bedroom ready for the Autumn nights. We’ve even done some window-shopping for you in some of our most loved places to hunt for luxurious, comfortable and stylish stuff that keeps you toasty. Get ready to be tempted…
The Kiss the Moon ‘Get Cosy’ Wishlist: Autumn 2015
1. A sumptuous quilt Wrapping up warm in bed is a must. Too cold and you’ll wake up midway through the night seeking some more covers. So it’s time to tog up to the higher level duvet or, even better, go for the whole caboodle and invest in a gorgeous quilt that looks as good as it feels. We think this velvet beauty from Cox & Cox is perfect. Also available in a range of ice cream sundae colours – from pistachio to almond to a pale pink blush. Available from Cox & Cox £250
2. Toasty pjs Pack away those silky chemises and the cotton sleep shorts. It’s time to get the proper pyjamas out. Best when they are at least one size too big and as soft and comfy as you can muster. We’re lusting after these brushed cotton beauties from hush-uk £30
3. A deliciously thick mattress topper Mattress toppers don’t just make your bed comfier and toastier, they also prolong the life of your mattress. If that’s not enough reasons to invest in one then we don’t know what is. There’s a few different types to choose from. To work out which one to go for, check out bedding experts The Linen Cupboard. They are our turn to website for expertise on all things bedding. As well as their range of mattress toppers, they also sell unusual shapes and sizes of sheets and pillow cases. Their info pages are brilliant. Check them out here and you’ll see what we mean. Available from thelinencupboard.co.uk from £40 to £130
4. Woolly socks Our extremities are the first places to feel the pinch of the cold. Avoid all that with some gorgeous woolly socks. You may as well choose some that look lovely and as there’s a Fair Isle knit craze about to hit this winter we thought these cuties looked the part. Available from Celtic & Co £20
5. Blankets & throws Autumn nights tend to be fine and dandy one minute then chilly the next. The answer is to do as you do with your clothes through the month and layer up. In terms of home furnishings – a throw within arms reach is a must have. Whether it’s over the end of your bed or on the arm of a sofa – make sure the places you curl up have a lovely throw ready and waiting. We’ve got a pompom thing going on at the moment so had to invest in this little cutie when we saw it. Isn’t she lovely? Available in store at Marks & Spencer £65
6. Ready washed linen Reasons to love linen? Not only does it look tres chic (without the need for ironing – yes!) – but it also 100% natural and eco-friendly to create (the flax it comes from just uses rainwater to grow, so no need for lots of chemicals or pesticides). It’s also lovely for the skin – naturally hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial. Its breathability means it is clever enough to keep you toasty in the cold and keep you cool in the heat – an important consideration when it comes to bedding as temperature control is important to help you sleep soundly through the night. Treat linen right and it’ll last a lifetime, getting better and better with every wash. We love the dreamy sheets and pillowcases from thelinenworks.co.uk who know their stuff when it comes to this timeless fabric. Pillowcases from £30. Sheets from £95.
7. Fleece What is it about sheepskins and fake fur that turns a room in to a cosy den? Sheepskins are having their moment and no wonder. They look great, are gorgeous to the touch and hugely flexible. We throw them over the back of wooden kitchen chairs when the weather turns cold, have them overlapping as extra cosy rugs by the side of the bed. As for the cushions – we would love to talk more about them but barely get a look in as the pooches always seem to bags them first. Those monkeys know how to take over the comfiest place in the house. The design savvy team at Rockett St George have a lovely selection to pick from in gorgeous toffee colours. Our absolute favourite though are these totally adorable Baa stools, new for this Autumn. We need this in our lives. Sheepskins from £55. Baa stools in 5 colours from £199 all from Rockett St George
8. Furry slippers Autumn isn’t autumn until the furry slippers come out. These little beauties are silky soft and easy to slip off when you cosy up under a blanket on the sofa. We’ve added them to our already substantial list of things we’d love to own from Toast £69 from the toa.st website or in store.