Busy day ahead? Then getting a good night's sleep is going to be crucial. Trouble is, it's easy to be so worried about all the things you have to do tomorrow that they keep you awake at night. Here are six clever tricks to put your mind at rest before going to bed so you can fall asleep without worrying about what's lined up for the next day...
1. WRITE YOUR TO DO LIST If the week ahead is a hefty one then spend time on a Friday or over the weekend to spell out what you need to do day by day. Having it all written down in bite size pieces mean you can line it all up and get a clear overview. You can tackle each day in turn as you work through the week and see the pile of paper getting smaller as things get done
2. DECIDE WHAT TO WEAR In fact, go a step further and lay out your clothes so you don't have to think about it the next mourning. Check the weather report so there's less likely to be any last minute surprises. With it all laid out and ready to put on you can rest easy knowing you won't have a mad scramble looking for that other navy shoe while trying to dry your hair. Never a good thing
3. ORGANISE THE CLAN Have the kids got swimming class tomorrow? Need to make pack lunches up? Got birthday pressies to wrap? Have an action hour at the end of the day to get all this sorted before you sit down and chill for the night. Everything you can do today to get ahead tomorrow is ten minutes you have in your back pocket should you need it in the morning
4. FUEL UP Travelling by car tomorrow? Make sure there's petrol in and its ready to go. Print out directions, or stick them in the sat nav ready so you know how long your journey will take and can plan around it. Listen to the traffic report on the radio as you get ready so you can react to any unexpected delays. There's no point getting road rage before you even set off
5. HAVE A PRE-BED PAMPER SESSION Do you nails, shave your legs, put on a face mask and a hair conditioning treatment and then lie back and have a nice long soak. You'll not only feel better but some of the little touches you won't have time for tomorrow will have been done before you even close your eyes
6. PLACE A NOTEPAD AND PEN BY YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE Any last minute things pop in to your mind, jot them down. See, they are captured safe and sound - no need to have them bouncing round your brain all night. If you need help to quieten your mind before bed try our CALM signature blend products. They contain Jasmine, Chamomile & Ylang Ylang & Sandalwood - a perfect team to help you de-stress before bed and soothe away worries at bedtime. Available in our After Dark Face Oil and After Dark Balm.
Night night xx