FREE SHIPPING ON ALL UK STANDARD ORDERS
OUR SKIN IS AMAZING
The largest organ in the human body, which of these ten amazing facts are new to you (and which help you appreciate why you should take good care of it)
- The average person’s skin covers an area of 2 square meters.
- Skin accounts for about 15% of our body weight.
- Our skin contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
- The average person has about 300 million skin cells.
- A single square inch of skin has about 19 million cells and up to 300 sweat glands.
- Skin is its thickest on your feet (1.4mm) and thinnest on your eyelids (0.2mm).
- The skin renews itself every 28 days.
- Our skin constantly sheds dead cells, about 30-40k cells every minute.
- Our skin has at least five different types of receptors that respond to pain and touch.
- Changes in your skin can sometimes signal changes in your overall health.