3 FOR 2 ON STOCKING FILLERS
One of the most effective ways to achieve a sense of calm is to manage your breath. Breathing slower and deeper helps. Try this simple exercise after you switch off the light tonight to help slow down your mind in preparation for sleep...
- Sit comfortably with your spine straight and head titled forward slightly. Close your eyes
- Take a long, slow, deep breath, breathing in through you nose. As you do that put your hand on your chest and imagine your lungs as a brightly coloured balloon
- Breathe out through your mouth and imagine the balloon deflating then imagine it growing big again with your next breath
- Continue to focus on the balloon until you feel yourself begin to relax
- You’ll soon find your mind has quietened and you are ready to drift off into a lovely sleep