FREE SHIPPING ON ALL UK STANDARD ORDERS
100% NATURAL NIGHT-TIME AROMATHERAPY TO HELP YOU SLEEP BEAUTIFULLY
If we know clean eating to be all about eating whole foods that have undergone minimal processing, what does that make clean sleeping?
It’s been hailed as the big health trend of 2017. There have been articles about it from London to New York and Gwyneth Paltrow says it’s more important to your wellbeing than a healthy diet. Whilst there has been some controversy around the quirkier essentials Gwynny proposes (including a copper pillow and heated socks), the thrust of it is you need to work hard at getting good quality sleep. It is whilst we are sleeping that our body is able to repair itself allowing us to keep our immune systems strong, our brains alert and we are able to fight off disease
And whilst quality sleep is linked to a positive overall health, agrees Dr Robert Oexman of the Sleep Institute, "Beauty sleep is very much a real thing. Not only does it change your collagen levels, but if you look at a before and after picture of someone who's had little sleep, you can see massive changes in their physical appearance."
There are 5 key principles cited in the Daily Mail as key to a good clean sleeping regime:
- Getting at least eight hours of sleep per night, ideally 10
- Getting into bed by 10pm (the sleep between 10pm and 12am is some of the most restorative)
- Eating clean throughout the day and limiting caffeine intake to support the gut and adrenals
- Regular exercise – ideally first thing in the morning or at lunchtime – to reset your body's circadian rhythm
- Making your bedroom a sanctuary by separating it from work, and keep it as dark as possible
Read more about clean sleeping here