HAVE YOU TRIED GROUNDING?
As we focus on getting everyone's feet sandal-ready for summer, let's not forget the option of going completely barefoot.
The practice of earthing, or grounding, involves placing your bare feet on the ground to absorb earth's electrons, potentially offering various health benefits. People who practice earthing have reported both physical and mental improvements, such as reduced chronic fatigue, pain relief, enhanced mood, better sleep, and even potential cardiovascular benefits.
Additionally, going barefoot can have specific advantages for foot health including improved:
- better foot positioning as you make contact with the ground,
- enhanced balance and body awareness,
- reduced pain and better foot mechanics which benefit the hips, knees, and core, maintaining joint mobility and muscle strength,
- relief from ill-fitting shoes and associated foot bumps and bunions,
- stronger leg muscles providing support for the lower back
So, while we prepare our feet for summer, why not consider the benefits of kicking off your shoes and experiencing the therapeutic practice of earthing and the natural wonders of being barefoot.