THE BEST TEACHER GIFTS
End of term brings with it a flurry of thank you pressies for the teachers, teaching assistants and team coaches in your kid's life. We asked a few of them to tell us what they really love receiving. And to spill the beans on the best and strangest things they've ever been given. Here's what they told us...
TOP OF THE CLASS
Five end of terms gifts that teachers loved...
1. SOMETHING WITH A STORY BEHIND IT
Things like a hand written poem, a framed drawing or a song written just for them tug at the heart strings and go down especially well. One teacher was given a hand made rag doll, chosen because the smile reminded the cutie pie who gave it of them (sweet!)
2. A CHANCE TO PAMPER
It doesn't have to be a big thing but something special that invites those hard working teachers to take some time out and care for themselves is always well received. Could be a booking for a manicure, facial voucher or something to keep (such as a Chanel nail varnish or, might we suggest, a little bit of Spa Night In Kiss the Moon loveliness)
3. VOUCHERS & TOKENS
This is one instance when vouchers and tokens do go down well. Think beyond the obvious though - Starbucks coffee card loaded with credit, or a voucher for cream tea somewhere fancy or a booking for a facial treatment maybe.
4. SOMETHING FOR THE HOLIDAYS
Or if you know there's a trip planned for the summer break then something like a pair of flip flops, must read novel or a travel journal could hit the spot. Our Sleep Balms fit the bill.
5. ANYTHING ALCOHOLIC
If you really run out of ideas then who doesn't love to raise a glass of Prosecco. Apparently always a welcome gift.
...AND THE FIVE STRANGEST
1. A bottle of half used perfume & sanitary products (collected by one six year old who went round their house collecting things that looked 'pretty' then presented them all in a basket)
2. A sign of the zodiac mug for Cancer (the recipient was a Leo)
3. A Giant 60cm long pen - presented to one teacher (and she still managed to lose it)
4. Gift packed Spam - somethings just don't work even if you bow-tie them.
5. A framed picture of your child - (just don't)